When it comes time to bring your offline business online, you will need to have a website developed for your business. Whether you are choosing to design and implement the website yourself or have a professional do the work, WordPress is the best platform to choose. WordPress is no longer just for blogs, it has evolved into a complete CMS (content management system) that can handle your entire website needs.
Here are just a few of the advantages of using WordPress:
- Search engines love this software. On average, sites using this CMS will be indexed in the search engines much faster than traditional static websites. That means you have traffic coming to your site sooner rather than later.
- There are an almost unlimited number of plug-ins or add-ons that have been developed to perform everything from shopping carts to contact forms. These are updated and upgraded constantly so you always have the latest technology and innovations at your fingertips.
- It is much less expensive to have a site developed with WordPress than to have any other CMS installed and customised or to have a static website developed.
- This platform has a great deal of SEO built right in. This means it will be very easy to include all of the page elements necessary to rank well in the search engines. A web designer does not generally do SEO very well or they do not do it at all.
- The system is easy enough for anyone without coding skills to maintain on their own after the developer has coded and implemented the majority of the website. This means you can add new content whenever you want without having to pay a web designer to do it for you.
- Since all business websites today need a business blog, you have it already there built right in. You can now interact with your visitors.
- There are many, many more places to promote a WordPress website for free than a traditional website. You not only can market it to all of the places you could any other website, you can also send it to all of the blog directories. This means you have the potential of reaching many more visitors than a standard HTML website.
- WordPress has a built in RSS feed. This means you have the ability to syndicate your content. This is a very powerful traffic grabbing tool. To add RSS to a traditional website, you would have to pay your web designer to create the feed for you for additional fees.
These are just a few benefits using WordPress for your website that I could think of off the top of my head. I am sure I could come up with many more if I really put my mind to it. I can’t imagine any logical reason for using anything else.